This course is designed for any staff working with dementia sufferers in a health or social
care setting. It covers the umbrella syndrome that includes associated conditions such as
Alzheimer’s disease. Delegates should come away from the session understanding what
dementia is, how to manage it and with a greater awareness of the sensitive issues faced by
these individuals and their families. This course can be used as an introduction for staff new
to the area or as an excellent refresher for those seeking to maintain or update their
Outline of Programme
● What is dementia?
● Different kinds of dementia.
● How to assist people with dementia and their carers.
● Supporting individuals with dementia.
● Managing behavioural shifts.
● Enabling and empowering individuals with dementia.
The dementia awareness training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be
expected to engage in several group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to
help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon
Our training courses are competitively priced, and we aim to beat any equivalent training
● The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
● Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
● Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
● Flexible dates available.
● Please call to book a day that suits you.
Build YOUR DREAM CAREER TODAY.
BUILD YOUR DREAM CAREER TODAY.
Shreeji Training are your experts when it comes to Training, Diplomas, Aprenticeships and Short Courses. Begin working towards your dream career with us!
CEME Main Building
+44 (0) 208 596 5047