Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS)
The Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS) training course is designed to ensure that
those working in the health and social care sector are maintaining the standards required by
law. The course raises delegates’ awareness of the responsibilities which their role entails,
as well as providing them with a working knowledge of relevant legislation.
Outline of Programme
Introduction to DOLS and safeguarding.
● Compliance with the Mental Capacity Act (2005).
● Care worker roles and responsibilities.
● Supervising and managing authorities.
● Advocacy services.
● Determining when someone is at risk.
● Overcoming challenges.
● Emergency procedures.
The SC Deprivation of Liberties Safeguarding course takes around 3 hours to complete and
delegates may be expected to engage in several group activities. Our experienced trainers
will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be
awarded upon completion.
Our training courses are competitively priced, and we aim to beat any equivalent training
The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
● Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
● Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
● Flexible dates available.
● Call to book a day that suits you.
Build YOUR DREAM CAREER TODAY.
BUILD YOUR DREAM CAREER TODAY.
Shreeji Training are your experts when it comes to Training, Diplomas, Aprenticeships and Short Courses. Begin working towards your dream career with us!
CEME Main Building
+44 (0) 208 596 5047