Mental Capacity Act and DOLS Awareness
The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS) were
introduced with the aim of reinforcing the protection of vulnerable adults in care settings;
they therefore form the guidelines of care for all professionals involved in the health and
social care sector. Delegates will come away from this course with a working knowledge of
the MCA and its relationship with DOLS, thus understanding how they can ensure that their
everyday activities comply with both acts.
Outline of Programme
● Understanding the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
● What is mental capacity?
● When should we assess mental capacity?
● How do we assess mental capacity?
● Carer liability.
● Advance decision.
● What is Deprivation of Liberty?
● How are Deprivation of Liberties assessments carried out?
Mental Capacity Act and DOLS awareness takes around 3 hours and delegates may be
expected to engage in several group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to
help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon
Our training courses are competitively priced, and we aim to beat any equivalent training
● The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
● Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
● Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
● Flexible dates available.
● Call to book a day that suits you.
Build YOUR DREAM CAREER TODAY.
BUILD YOUR DREAM CAREER TODAY.
Shreeji Training are your experts when it comes to Training, Diplomas, Aprenticeships and Short Courses. Begin working towards your dream career with us!
CEME Main Building
+44 (0) 208 596 5047